AIDS-STI-Consultation at the Health department
The consulting service offers:
- Anonymous, cost-free consultation and test for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) such as HIV or chlamydia if required.
- Appointment necessary.Availability by phone (06221 522 1820): Monday and Thursday 1.30 - 3.30 p.m.
- The last risk should be at least 6 weeks prior to a HIV test to make it conclusive
- You can request your test results about 7-10 days after testing either in person during office hours or by phone
- Interpreters available as needed
- School prevention events on request
********* Current Notice *********
Vaccination against Mpox
We vaccinate against Monkeypox (MPX) at the health department. At the moment the vaccination is only recomended in special risk circumstances and for groups of people particularly at risk of infection. We only vaccinate
- Persons over 18 years of age after close contact to a person infected with MPX
- Men who have sex with men (MSM) and, in doing so, frequently change partners
If you belong to one of these groups and are interested to get vaccinated against MPX, please call us on Tuesdays between 8.00 to 10.00 am to schedule an appointment (06221 522-1820).
Schwerpunktpraxis Dr. Brust / Dr. Schuster / Prof. Dr. Hensel / Dr. Plöger / Dr. Vogelmann
Phone: 0621 22430
Immunologische Ambulanz der Universitäts-Hautklinik Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 440
Phone: 06221 568590
Questions about the Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) for preventing an infection with HIV after a high-risk-contact:
Call the Clinic of Dermatology Heidelberg at 06221 56-4002 or 56-4003
Please ask for the doctor of the immunological outpatient clinic or for the doctor in charge.
Anna – expert counselling for people in prostitution
Diakonisches Werk Heidelberg
If you would like to give us feedback, you can do so using the following link: www.rhein-neckar-kreis.de/feedback.